Stadium Strong Chipper (Workout 1)
Station 1: Run/Jump rope
M/F pair 1 does 400m run together while M/F pair 2 does 100 double unders (Scaled = 200 single unders)
Once both the run and the jump roping is complete, pairs must TAG each other and switch. So, M/F pair 1 now does 100 dubs (scaled = 200 singles) while M/F pair 2 does 400m run together.
Once both the run and the jump roping is complete, team moves to station 2
Station 2: Sandbag/KB swing
M/F pair 1 does 10 total sandbag carries on the bleachers (5 each, alternating) while M/F pair 2 does 100 kettlebell swings (RX = 35/53#; Scaled = 26/35#)
Once both the sandbag carries and the KB swings are complete, pairs must TAG each other and switch.
So, M/F pair 1 now does 100 KB swings while M/F pair 2 does 10 sandbag carries (5 each, alternating).
Once both the sandbag carries and the KB swings are complete, entire team moves to finish mat.
Score = Total time to complete all work.
- Double/single unders may be broken up any way; however, each team member must do at least one rep. One person works at a time.
– KB swings may be broken up any way; however, each team member must do at least one rep. One person works at a time.
Show us Your Strength (Workout 2)
8 minutes to establish 1 rep max: Clean, Hang Clean, Jerk
Score: Average weight lifted (i.e. total weight divided by 4)
– For a complete good rep of the complex, once the bar is lifted off of the ground for the first clean it may not touch the ground until the jerk is finished. If doing a split jerk, both feet must come back together with arms locked overhead to be a good rep. Please listen to your judge to give you a “good” signal before dropping the bar from the top of the jerk.
– For the clean, power or squat clean is acceptable. For the jerk, any kind of shoulder to overhead is acceptable (shoulder press, push press, push jerk, split jerk).
– MM partners will have one bar and FF partners will have one bar. Both of the pairs can work at the same time. Within your pair, both people can attempt the lift as many times as they wish and can switch in and out as many times as they’d like.
Thrust ‘em? I barely know ‘em! (Workout 3)
In MM and FF pairs:
MM pair does 4 minutes of back loaded lunges (RX = 65/95#, Scaled = 45/75#) switching every 15 yards.
At the same time, the FF pair is doing 4 minutes of as many thrusters as possible (RX = 65/95#, Scaled = 45/75#). Switch stations at the 4 minute mark.
Score = total yards on lunges + total thrusters
- For the back loaded lunges, partner 1 lunges 15 yards while partner 2 waits at the start line. After 15 yards, partner 1 drops the bar and runs back to the start line to tag partner 2. Partner 2 then runs out to the bar, lunges another 15 yards, drops the bar and runs back to tag partner 1. Repeat this pattern for 4 minutes. The length of the lane will be 45 yards. If you reach the 45-yard mark, turn around and start lunging back (still switching with your partner every 15 yards).
- Lunge standards: Back knee must touch the ground. You don’t have to bring your feet back together every time, i.e. you can step through into the next lunge. However, if you are stepping through you still must extend your hips fully before lunging again (demo video to come)
- For the thrusters, you will have one bar between the two partners. You can break the reps up however you’d like.
- The males will be using the same bar for the lunges and thrusters, similar for the females.
- At the 4 minute mark, wherever the male partners end up in the field they can simply move their bar to the outside of the lane and start their thrusters there. The females will have done their thrusters near the start line so they can simply move their bar to the start line and begin the lunges.
Floater and Championship WODs will be announced the day of!